I recently received a VERY cool award from one of the truly nicest ladies I’ve yet to meet in this awesome world of papercrafters! It’s Kandi Phillips, my fellow Design Teammate (a/k/a Stamp Tramp!) at Skipping Stones Design.
The “rules” for accepting the award are to write TEN things about yourself that others might not know AND to pass the award on to TEN others. It was so much fun to read about Kandi and get a glimpse into her life! 🙂 She’s a sweetie and an amazing papercrafter!
Okay, here’s my ten: (sorry, I tend to go on and on and on … )
1. I love, love, love kids! I think this love has a little something to do with my choice of stamps from all the Tildas, Emmas, Elisabeth Bell and MICE! I was always planning to have TEN kids and live on a farm! hmmm… I guess my THREE were enough to change my mind!
2. I love, love, love colors! The brighter, the better. Purple is my favorite. But really any color warms my day!
3a. (I’m not good with numbers!??) I’m allergic to just about everything environmental under the sun! Especially cats. (we only have two!) and I only take four prescription meds to live with them!
3. I use way too many exclamation points when I try to get my message across in written form!!!!! 😀
4. I have ALWAYS loved art. I don’t have any formal training, but have studied artwork and colors for as long as I can remember. (wow, this is pretty boring! Feel free to skip to the end, just like a bad novel.)
5. I’m a terrible blogger! Seriously. I wish I had the time to respond to EACH and EVERY wonderful comment made on my blog. But, I just get so overwhelmed and end up falling sooooooooooo far behind. My new year’s resolution was to respond to ALL comments made . . . so, I’ve saved them all – I now have 2,878 comments in my Inbox just waiting for me to reply to! Ugh. I thank you all for still coming back and commenting! You’re the BEST!
6. I’m a widow. (That’s such an awful word!) My husband and the Dad to my three kids passed away on 12/23/01, from a heart attack. No warning signs whatsoever! It was a rough spot for us, but he will always be in our hearts and memories. The good part is that I’m totally and completely in love with a wonderful new man (he’s my photographer!) and we will live happily every after! 🙂
7. I love wine. Malbec is my favorite. My good friend Jane Wetzel and I enjoy a glass together every so often online.
8. I was a Girl Scout Leader! Yup. I loved it. I was in charge and we crafted and sold cookies. What more could a person ask for?
9. I HATE paperwork! I’m super organized with everything, I could probably be a professional organizer, but my paperwork is a mess! (must have some relation to my email INBOX!) I shudder to think what is hiding under my many piles of paperwork!
10. I REALLY am sooooooo totally hoping to be chosen to be on Crissy Armstrong’s Design Team!!! Yup. But, you probably already know that! (I may have mentioned it here once or twice.)
Phew! That was hard.
Now on to the fun part . . . TEN people that I would like to pass this award on to!
1. Crissy Armstrong! LOL (hey, you can’t blame a girl for a little kissing up!) I don’t have to say too much that I haven’t already said before … she’s a mega talented, super sweet lady!
2. Jami Bova. She’s my idol! Miss Super talented, totally amazing, awesome blogging buddy!
3. Jane Wetzel. My sistah! We get along so well, I think she’s somehow related! And, she’s an awesome papercrafter!
4. Karen Witter. She seriously is the nicest, sweetest, most sincere person you would ever want to know. And, of course an awesome papercrafter! (AND, she’s coming to visit in July, IRL!!!! All the way from Florida!!!!)
5. Pam Sparks. My blogging buddy. She and I are the original Magnolia fans. She does such amazing detailed cards – I could spend days studying everything she does! And, she’s an awesome papercrafter!
6. Sue Kment. She is also the nicest, sweetest lady around! She ALWAYS has something nice to say about my cards – even the duds! 🙂 She keeps coming back to comment, even though I seldom am able to return the favor. And, she’s an awesome papercrafter!
7. Miss America!! 🙂 Yup. She truly is my sistah! We started out with a love for the mice and have since become true friends! She’s been my total inspiration in every aspect of cardmaking. And, she’s an awesome papercrafter!
8. Linda Heavens. With a name like that, what more can I say? She’s an amazing artist, who always manages to make my jaw drop when I see her awesome creations! And, she’s an amazing papercrafter!
9. Suzanne Dean. She’s definitely my hero! I’ve never known anyone with such stamina, drive and success in this papercrafting business! It’s hard to believe she’s such a sweetie! I’m proud to say I knew her when …. And, she’s an amazing papercrafter!
10. Danni Bindel. Omgoodness! She has to be the most sweetest, kindest person in the whole world! She continues to visit my blog and comment, even after MONTHS of my non-response! And, she is super busy with her own blog and a weekly challenge – Flutter By Wednesdays! And, she’s an amazing papercrafter!
10a. I do have another person, but I have yet to convince her to start her own blog! Yes, that’s you Ms. Deeb27! Another sistah! I really look forward to her DAILY comments on my blog! She always makes my day! AND, I know for a fact that she’s an amazing papercrafter – I have one of her cards to prove it!
Phew! Done. Anyone who makes it through all of this, also deserves an award! 😀