Happy Wednesday! Our challenge today at the All That Scraps challenge blog is Valentines without using Red or Pink! Now that’s a tough one!
I decided to go with a black and yellow bumble bee theme, starting with paper from Bo Bunny’s new Crush 6×6 paper pad. This cutie Tilda from Magnolia is actually called Dragonfly Tilda … but I cheated and colored her as a bumble bee!
Her wings were stamped onto vellum paper, cut out and attached to the backside of Tilda and then some icicle Stickles were added. The sentiment is computer generated along with some stamped bees from PTI’s flower garden sentiments stamp set.
I also added a bee button from my stash which has been attached to a black button. Trying to keep all the bees similar, I’ve added icicle Stickles to all the wings!
I hope you have a chance to stop over at the All That Scraps Wednesday challenge blog to see LOTs of awesome non-red or pink Valentine ideas.
Thanks for stopping in today!
- Magnolia ~ Dragonfly Tilda
- Computer generated sentiment
- PTI ~ flower garden sentiments bee image
- PTI cardstock
- Bo Bunny ~ Crush
- Miscellaneous vellum
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Six
- Distress ink ~ wild honey
- Ranger ~ Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool
- Stickles ~ icicle
- Ranger ~ Inkssentials White Opaque Pen
- Miscellaneous gingham ribbon
- Pop Dots
- Copics: YR20, 21, 23, 24; E000, 00, 11, 97; R00, 12, 20, 30; T0, 1, 3, 5, 7