Happy weekend! As you can see, I really take these Make It Colourful challenges quite seriously! LOL How’s that for some major blue and purple?
I thought these two images ~ Rainbow Meadow background from Make It Crafty and Princess Pony from Karen’s Doodles (today’s sponsor at MIC) would be so fun together for a wall hanging in a little girl’s room! Purple is certainly a hot color in the pre-teen age group! (for me too!)
I’ve re-used an old white 12×12 frame for this and added some glittered cardstock and patterned paper. The sentiment is computer generated from my all-time favorite movie The Wizard of Oz. I think the blue and purple little girl and pony are quite surprised to see a matching rainbow ~ a dream come true! hehehe
The flowers in the foreground have been added with Smooch paint (my fav!) in moonlight, gold lame and green apple. It really helps to make this type of smaller more detailed items stand out against your Copic coloring. I tend to just color right over these details and then use the Smooch paints afterwards.
One can never have too many Stickles! 🙂
So you really MUST pop over to the Make It Colourful challenge blog today! I know you won’t be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by ~ Hope your weekend is off to a great start!
- Rainbow Meadow Background ~ Make It Crafty
- Princess Pony ~ Karen’s Doodles
- PTI cardstock
- Blue and Purple glittered cardstock
- The Paper Company purple dot DP
- Distress ink ~ tumbled glass
- Ranger ~ Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool
- Smooch paint ~ moonlight, gold lame, green apple & illuminate
- Stickles ~ grape glitz
- Sookwang ~ double-stick tape
- Copics: BG000; B000, 00, 02; BV00, 01, 04, 13; V01; YG00, 01, 03. 17, 25, 63, 67; E000, 00, 11, 13; R20, 30; T1, 3