Happy Wednesday! Sorry for the lack of posts the past few days, we’re working on the next Magnolia Ink magazine . . . the Christmas edition ~ it’s sooo hard to be working on Christmas projects when it’s 90 degrees outside! 🙂
Our challenge today at the All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge blog is to add some Crinkled Ribbon to your card or project. This type of ribbon seems to be all the rage right now, especially on vintage and shabby chic projects.
I googled Crinkled Ribbon and found lots of tutorials on how to dye and “crinkle” ribbon yourself. Apparently, it works best with a rayon material ribbon generally used for seam binding. Here’s one link if you’d like to take a peek Crinkled Ribbon Tutorial. But NO, I did NOT make my own … I cheated and used some rose ribbon from American Crafts that I HAD to have awhile ago, but hadn’t used yet!! (Yes, I think the term “hoarder” is appropriate here!)
For my card, I’ve used the adorable Rose Emma from the Take a Seat collection from C.C. Designs. She’s actually sitting on a flourish(ey) stamped image from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Nature’s Discovery set .
So, I hope you can join us for this challenge ~ all the details can be found on the All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge blog . . . while you’re there, I know you’ll be SUPER inspired by the always amazing projects from the Design Team!
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you’re having a good week!
- C.C. Designs ~ Take a Seat Kit
- Tim Holtz ~ Nature’s Discovery
- Gina K. Designs ~ Arranged with Love (sentiment)
- PTI white cardstock
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Large Classic Rectangles
- Melissa Frances ~ Teresa DP
- Pearlized dew drops
- American Crafts ~ rose ribbon
- Miscellaneous (sorta crinkled) white ribbon
- Miscellaneous green felt leaves
- Distress ink ~ milled lavender
- Distress ink ~ dusty concord
- Smooch ~ moonlight
- Pop Dots
- Copics: E000, 00, 11, 13, 25, 47, 50, 51, 53; R20, 30; V000, 01; BV000, 00, 23; YG91, 93, 95, 97; W0, 1, 3; T1, 3, 5